Also unrelated, a few days ago there was a great word of the day and I thought I would share: eructation. I'm definite adding that one to my vocabulary.
Now the weight gain:
Yesterday was Jill's birthday. Katie made reservations at a Moroccan restaurant for Thursday night and planned a nice brunch for Friday. The Moroccan food was amazing. We all looked pretty great, dressed up with birthday hats. 
Almost everyone got couscous with chicken, but I decided to mix it up a little and tried this pastel(I know that's not right, but I can't think of the English word right now) with almonds, raisins, and chicken. It was wrapped in dough then cooked and had powdered sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top. Basically, it was like dessert with chicken.
Then I helped everyone finish their couscous. After that, Nicky had brought a cake, so we devoured that sucker.

Sidenote: When I went to my friend's hometown for a weekend, the way he introduced me to all of his friends was: "This is the girl who can eat as much as me." I'm still not sure how I feel about that.
That same trip, when we were in the car, the radio was playing, and I heard something about ribs. "Ohhh," I sighed, "I could really go for a rack of ribs right now."
Derk looked at me and said, "Rach, do you even know what they're talking about right now?" I shook my head no. "A football player broke a couple of his ribs. They're not talking about food."
Friday morning, Liz's alarm went off at around 8:30. "Rach, we have to be at Katie's by 9:15 for brunch," she told me.
Angrily, I rolled over to face her and said, "Nine fifteen? Nine fifteen?!"
"Yea, it's brunch. So that's in like 45 minutes."
"9:15 is not brunch! 9:15 is breakfast. This is ridiculous," I rolled out of bed and stuck my feet in my Uggs, "I have to go make pancakes."
I made plain pancakes and milk-chocolate Nestle bar pancakes (couldn't find choc chips anywhere). I also brought syrup, whipped cream, and strawberries. Upon arrival at Katie's house, still sleepy, in a now stained white Hanes t-shirt, wearing glasses and a headband (I do that sometimes when I haven't had time to shower and my hair is greasy...but not always, so if I'm wearing a headband, don't automatically think I'm unshowered at that moment), and sweating after carrying my pancakes over the river and through many streets, I walked in to find a feast. Three massive bowls were filled with fruit salad; there were muffins, omelets, and best of all, not one but TWO tortilla españolas. It was a good morning. Thanks for being born, Jill.
To end with a quote related to the joys of eating: "Ohmygosh, look at my thighs! I can't stop looking at them. They're thunderous!" -Jill, after brunch.




No comments:
Post a Comment