Monday, March 1, 2010

El día de San Valentín

Since there are primarily females on this trip, none of us really have valentine's here. Thus, we did a secret santa valentine's day. I got Nicky. She's been craving pancakes, so I whipped her up a batch with chocolate chips. We all met up at this really American TexMex bar/restaurant to exchange gifts. We weren't even there for two minutes, and Nicky says, "Guys! I want to give my gift now, because it's sort of a time thing. She looks at me, and hands me a bag with, bum ba ba bum! Tortilla española! My food obsession here. It was so ironic that we got each other in the swap and that we both got each other food products.


Another funny story, she had gotten a package from her boyfriend earlier that week for valentine's day, and while she was waiting for them to retrieve it from the storage room, before she even got it, she started happy crying. Then she got the package, and puts it down and just looks at it for about five minutes, going "Oh my gosh guys, oh my gosh! I can't believe it!" Finally she opens it, and takes out the first item: double stuffed oreos. She holds them up to her cheek, cuddling them tears running down her face, and goes, "You guuys! He got me double stuffed oreos! I can't believe it! Oh my gosh! Double. Stuffed. Oreos!" She does this for each item in the box, and there are many. Caitlin, Liz, and I just watch, laughing hysterically and taking pictures of her with our phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment